- Celebration in the Oaks- This light exhibit will be sure to dazzle your eyes all the while enjoying a stroll through the Botanical Gardens, amusement park rides, and live music.
- Street Car down St. Charles Ave.- Truly experience New Orleans during Christmas by riding the street car to gaze at beautiful houses that line the avenue draped in twinkling lights.
- The Roosevelt Hotel- Enjoy one of the most famous hotels in New Orleans by walking through the block long lobby that instantly creates a glowing winter wonderland.
Monday, December 24, 2012
Saturday, December 22, 2012
- MCRN Bar- This online sweets boutique offers a macaroon of the month club. Makes a unique gift with different flavored macaroons delivered directly to all the foodies on your gift list.
- Martin Wine Cellar- You can never have enough wine & bubbly for all the festive occasions this season - makes the perfect hostess gift.
- Box Paper Scissor- Designer journals, customizable stationary, art books & tech accessories - great for the discerning, hard-to-buy-for friend.
Friday, December 21, 2012
- RioMar Seafood - Eat, drink, and be merry! A fresh, Latin twist on your seafood favorites - also offering a prix fixe Holiday Menu (3 courses + lagniappe = $45).
- The Kupcake Factory - Cupcakes and cakes to complete any holiday meal! No holiday party is complete without sweets and there's always room for dessert.
- Bouligny Tavern - Perfect, cozy spot for a twist on classic cocktails and delicious small plates.
Thursday, December 20, 2012
- Hattie Sparks - Holiday frocks & accessories - perfect for all of your holiday occasions
- Skip N' Whistle - Ugly Christmas Sweater t-shirts for tacky themed parties
- Tallulah's Designs - Unique, one of a kind dresses - you'll be sure to be the only one at the party in one of these dresses
Wednesday, December 19, 2012
- Drink Deck - Urban exploration in the most unique way - for all bar and food enthusiasts.
- REpurposingNOLA Piece by Peace - Upcycled, designer bags and accessories - for the discerning friend who has everything.
- St. James Cheese Company - Gift certificates to the finest selection of wine & cheese - for the foodies in your life.
Tuesday, December 18, 2012
Monday, December 17, 2012
Tuesday, November 6, 2012
Friday, June 8, 2012
Thursday, June 7, 2012
New Orleans (June 7, 2012) – Uptown PR, a public relations and marketing firm based in New Orleans is pleased to welcome its most recent additions, Lauren Fincher and Kendall Finn. Fincher and Finn were accepted into the firm’s Summer Internship Program last month.
About Uptown PR
Thursday, May 31, 2012
Friday, May 4, 2012
Monday, March 5, 2012
New Orleans, La. (Feb. 27, 2012) — Uptown PR, a New Orleans based public relations and marketing firm, recently added Hedda Asmussen to its rapidly expanding team. Asmussen joins Uptown PR as its second Client Service Associate alongside Casey Roberts.
As the most recent addition to the group, Asmussen is responsible for drafting press materials, creating and maintaining media relations and conducting research on the newest public relations tools. Her list of duties includes promoting client and agency events along with updating social media sites for a large array of clients.
Asmussen brings with her previous experience in both social media and marketing from her summer internship at FSC Interactive. During her time as an intern, Asmussen was responsible for updating Twitter and Facebook accounts along with compiling blog content and media lists. She is also currently working for the Shawn M. Donnelley Center for Nonprofit Communications where she is responsible for the research needed when working with nonprofit clients including grant and fundraising research.
A senior at Loyola, Asmussen will graduate in May with a bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication with a concentration in Public Relations and a minor in English Literature. Currently the External Relations Coordinator for the PRSSA chapter at Loyola, Asmussen interacts with both the community and other PRSSA chapters searching for professional development opportunities. She is also an active member of Gamma Phi Beta and has been involved in the numerous community service projects the organization sponsors.
About Uptown PR
Founded in New Orleans in 2011, Uptown PR specializes in media relations, event and product promotion, social media and brand management. It offers integrated public relations and marketing solutions to develop and grow business for its clients. Like it on Facebook, follow it on Twitter (@UptownPR) and look for it on LinkedIn. For more information, visit www.uptown-pr.com.
Media Contact: Uptown PR — Genevieve J. Douglass — firstname.lastname@example.org 504.496.8314
Wednesday, February 29, 2012
Hi, my name is Hedda, a Costa Rican born New Orleanian wannabe with a passion for public relations. With a mom from Mississippi, a dad from Germany and having lived in Latin countries my whole life I always grin when asked where I’m from. I was born speaking three languages and although I have tried to learn both French and Dutch, languages do not seem to be my forte. I have two older brothers so my mother decided to name me Hedda. According to her it means female warrior and as the only girl I was going to have to be tough. Hedda is the anglicized form of Hedwig which makes it somewhat funny that I am now the proud partial owner of a dog named Sirius. I have lived in New Orleans for the past four years and have enjoyed uttering the phrase “Only in New Orleans” many times. One of my guilty pleasures are comedy shows, I’ve gone to the same local comedy night every Wednesday night for what feels like forever. I hope this little blurb about me has helped you get to know me a bit better.
Friday, February 10, 2012
So we’ve all heard it time and time again…social media is integral for the branding and business growth of any company, big or small. It’s more common these days to tweet a person than to actually ‘meet’ them…tagging a friend is no longer associated with the game we all used to play when we were kids…and the act of liking something has taken on a completely new role in the virtual landscape.
But the truth is: these very things are vital if you want to keep your marketing strategies up to date in the ever changing and constantly mobile world of online media. So if you’re on the social media bandwagon (as well you should be), throw out your corkboard full of inspirational images hanging in your bedroom and look into creating a virtual pinboard for your company on Pinterest, an online bulletin board for images of all kinds.
Launched in 2010, the site is a host to more than just images of delicious recipes or DIY design projects, Pinterest actually provides yet another valuable online marketing tool to drive traffic to your website. This social media website is driving more traffic to company websites and blogs than YouTube, Google+ and LinkedIn combined, according to a recent report from Cambridge, Mass.-based content-sharing site Shareaholic. The site can be used for all different types of businesses, with a large audience (over seven million users!) who share, host, pin and re-pin an extensive and diverse collection of content, products and images.
Casey Roberts, Client Service Associate - Uptown PR
Tuesday, January 31, 2012
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Roberts comes to Uptown PR with previous experience in marketing and sales. Most recently, she worked as a Brand Ambassador for EF College Break, where she utilized her skills in brand promotion, led presentations, and created original marketing materials. She has also worked with the local publication Where Y’at Magazine where she wrote reviews, designed graphics for their articles, and helped manage their various social media pages. Before moving to New Orleans, Roberts worked with a prominent event planner in the Dallas metro area for several years where she learned how to efficiently organize and supervise an event.
While currently finishing her studies at Tulane University, Roberts plans to obtain her bachelor’s degree in Communication, with a minor in Business. She is an active member in the Phi Eta Sigma Honors society, on the Marketing Committee of the Louisiana Alpha Chapter of the Pi Beta Phi Fraternity and is the vice president of public relations for the Tulane University Communication Majors Society. Roberts has also spent time tutoring children at the local New Orleans charter school, Lafayette Academy. For more information on her professional experience, visit her LinkedIn profile.
About Uptown PR
Founded in New Orleans in 2011, Uptown PR specializes in media relations, event and product promotion, social media and brand management. It offers integrated public relations and marketing solutions to develop and grow business for its clients.
Media Contact: Genevieve J. Douglass — email@example.com - 504.496.8314